The Department of Public Expenditure and Reform’s new Code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies will have significant implications for state bodies, including:
- Ensuring key governance roles and responsibilities are understood
- A heightened focus on audit and risk
- Annual Board and Committee effectiveness reviews
- Enhanced reporting requirements
- Aligning Statements of Strategy with the specific objectives of the parent Department
- Closer state body-department relations (incl. Performance Delivery Agreements)
Crowe supports public sector clients in meeting their governance obligations, including undertaking gap analysis exercises and remediation support, and undertaking independent Board and Committee effectiveness reviews. If your organisation would benefit from our assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
For more detail on the new Code requirements, download report or contact a member of our consulting team.