At Crowe, we have an unrivalled lineage in the Film, Media and Creative Industries space. We were pioneers in the structuring of section 481 Film financing in its early years and continue to represent clients involved in film-making, television production and animation, on domestic and international projects, in both Ireland and the United Kingdom. We have worked on some of the largest projects in Ireland and the United Kingdom in recent years and continue to do so. Our advisory, tax and compliance departments assist our clients in all aspects of their financial governance, including:
- Assistance with fund-raising;
- Financial structuring of projects;
- Liaison with legal and banking partners;
- Compliance with legal and tax regulations;
- Cross jurisdictional projects and co-production arrangements;
- Strategic reviews of oversight bodies in the industry.
We also act for a range of clients in the “chain” including the production companies, the producers, commissioning distributors and sales and distribution agents.
Our experience and expertise in the Advertising and Media areas has been earned through hard work over an extended period of time with major clients in those industries. We act for digital agencies, creative agencies, media buyers, market research agencies and through to full-service agencies. We work with our clients on all aspects of their business and with their international partners, including some of the largest international advertising groups in the world.
Most importantly, we consider ourselves as advisers and partners to our clients. We consider it a fundamental aspect of our role to engage with business owners on their wider business strategy and the alignment of their own personal financial and tax planning aspirations, in order to assist with their personal planning. Our services are structured to ensure we add real value to our clients.
We help our clients to bring a project from inception to the big and small screen. Our dedicated film finance team take the time to understand each project’s unique set of circumstances. We have extensive industry contacts with solicitors, banks and other outside parties which help us to ensure the best outcome for our clients.
Our expertise and services include:
- Section 481 compliance;
- Fundraising solutions for film, TV and animation;
- Personal tax and wealth management advice for industry professionals and high net worth individuals;
- International tax and withholding tax planning;
- VAT advice and exemption planning;
- PAYE and social security advice and exemption planning;
- Advice and assistance structuring international co-productions;
- Financial management and advisory services;
- Project management and corporate finance services;
- Company secretarial services including company formation and compliance;
- Accounts preparation and statutory reporting;
- Audit and advisory services
We have a long established relationship with creative industries, support agencies, networks and State bodies. We have also worked closely with number of small to medium creative enterprises, in all stages of the business life-cycle, from the start-up to expansion phases.
We have significant knowledge of the creative industries in Ireland due to our experience in establishing, managing and evaluating Ireland’s first network specifically established for the creative industries. Our creative industry work has also involved the programme management and project management of transnational projects within the EU and in the northern periphery. We have developed an informed understanding of EU-funding application processes and the dynamics and administrative requirements involved in coordinating EU funded projects.
We guide creative entrepreneurs and SME’s during start-up and development phases, offering experienced advice on strategy development, marketing strategies and market opportunities. Our team includes trained creativity and innovation coaches.