Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland. Due to continued growth and expansion in our tax practice, we are now seeking to recruit a newly qualified Tax Senior.
The post holder will work with the team to ensure the delivery of tax assignments across multiple tax heads and be responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality tax assignments to submission/completion stage, within the required timescale. The post-holder will also supervise and direct juniors during assignments.
We are seeking an ambitious, high-performing candidate and can offer strong prospects for career progression.
Key result areas
- Ensure the delivery of a broad range of tax assignments across multiple tax heads.
- Research and resolve tax technical issues arising in the tax compliance process.
- Manage a portfolio of personal/corporate tax clients.
- Plan own workload and that of reporting junior tax staff during assignments. Ensure that assignments are satisfactorily completed within agreed timescales.
- Work on multiple assignments concurrently and ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources at all times.
- Liaise closely and build effective working relationships with client and internal staff in other departments (e.g. audit and company secretarial) to facilitate and support our clients.
- Ensure the Director/Partners are appropriately briefed at all times to include any issues arising on assignments being undertaken and any performance problems.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision, on-the-job training and mentoring of junior staff allocated to the tax department including presenting in-house tax training courses.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- A qualification as a Tax Consultant (ITI CTA, CTC or equivalent). An accountancy qualification would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Demonstrable understanding of tax regulations and awareness of topical issues.
- Previous experience in multiple tax heads.
- Proven ability to work in a highly qualified team-orientated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- Networking: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships.
- Results driven: Proven ability to focus on performance, meeting deadlines and producing results.
- Self-Management: Displays self-control, confidentiality, confidence and resilience.
- Self-Development: Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in this sector.
- Initiative: A proven decision-maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense.
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 14 partners and over 130 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.