In the light of our recent growth, we are seeking a Proposal Manager & Bid Writer who has prior experience of producing winning sales proposals and tenders within a professional services environment. This role will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the delivery of competitive and accurately costed proposals for the Advisory department.
You should be dynamic and self-motivated, with excellent writing and organisational skills, and a keen appetite to make your mark within a dynamic consulting practice.
We are specifically looking for “can-do” individuals who aren’t afraid to take on new responsibility and to go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are presented with high-quality, winning proposals and tenders.
Outline of the role
In Ireland, Crowe Consulting Services work primarily with public sector clients (and with some voluntary and private sector clients) across the island and, on occasions, overseas. Our client base includes many leading public sector organisations in both Ireland and internationally, examples of which can be found on our website.
This role will co-ordinate and produce the proposal (RFI, ITT, RFT etc.) response whilst assembling a proposal team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
Typically, the preparation of a proposal will involve inputs from several team members. Some of the content of our proposals will be created “fresh” specifically for one tender, some aspects may be based upon pre-existing material and require adaptation, and others may be standard existing text which does not require amendment.
- Work alongside the Partner leading each sale to agree the plan for developing the proposal. Manage and keep the Tender Library up to date.
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within client-defined timeframes.
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from colleagues in various professional roles within the firm.
- Communicate and influence at a senior level in all areas of proposal, bid and tender delivery. Proof-read and quality-assure the final proposal / tender documents before submission.
- When required, coach and mentor colleagues and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposal best practice.
- Deliver tenders and bids on generic document templates, ensuring all are in keeping with the firm branding.
- Co-ordinate the input of other team members who are tasked to write specific sections of the proposal.
- Ensure the proposal is assembled with all of the required inputs, and to the required quality, within the necessary timescales leading up to submission.
- Proactively liaise and build effective working relationships across the firm to facilitate and support the consultancy department as required.
- Track and report on results, trends and statistics as required.
Essential knowledge & skills
- Third-level qualification
- Advanced MS Word and MS PowerPoint skills & proficient in MS Office
- Proven excellent, creative written English language skills with extensive experience in the production of professional business documents
- Proven attention to detail, highly organised and at ease with delivering high levels of compliance
- Demonstrable understanding and awareness of current issues within the sectors we serve
- Well-developed project management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks/projects
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and manage complex competing priorities and deadlines
- Experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off meetings, leading storyboarding sessions, facilitating key review meetings / final document review, coordinating proposal governance / sign-off, document production and delivery of the completed proposal
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex professional services environment (e.g. accountancy, consulting, law, architectural services, etc.)
- Proven networker with the ability to motivate and deliver proposals within the specified time frames
Total reward package
We offer a competitive remuneration package which depends on the level of experience of the successful candidate.
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 15 partners and over 130 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing email@example.com and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.