Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland.
Working with the finance team, this role involves close relationship management with the 15 partners, senior management teams and financial controller. Pursuing overdue payments and WIP management requires a collaborative, pro-active, assertive and professional approach.
The job-holder will be experienced, enthusiastic, energetic with strong negotiation and communication skills, have a professional manner and enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic SME environment.
Key result areas
- Manage the firm’s cash collection which entails making contact with clients where payment is overdue and explaining their terms of credit. Other duties include administering statements, reminder emails and telephone calls. Regular engagement with partners, senior management and WIP supervisors is required.
- Actively engaging with the partners and management team to ensure timely billing and effective WIP management processes are carried out with stated deadlines.
- Actively engage with partners at regular intervals regarding debtor and WIP balances.
- Assist with all client bill queries and process card payments, liaise with partners and ensure the client’s issue is resolved within a reasonable time frame.
- Assist the financial controller on other ad hoc projects such as roll out of electronic statements
- Negotiate repayment plans with clients. This requires assertiveness and a tactful manner with good negotiation skills. Additionally, occasional liaison with fee finance companies and solicitors regarding debt collection is required.
- Manage all internal reports as required on cash collections and WIP management performance.
- Continuously develop relationships with internal stakeholders, be a team player as an integral member of the finance team, ensuring that all credit control issues are addressed.
- Set up new clients on the practice management software system. Ensure the anti-money laundering processes are adhered to as per the firm’s policy.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior credit controller role
- Previous professional services experience desirable
- Proven written, oral and good negotiation skills
- Organised, methodical working approach with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Sound commercial awareness with the ability to comfortably challenge and give feedback
- Strong influencing skills and previous experience of working alongside senior managers
- Must have strong numerical skills and proven Excel skills
- Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and develop relationships
- Understands the need for confidentiality, enjoys dealing with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to focus on performance, meet strict deadlines and produce results
- A proven decision maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense
- Ability to work independently is key
- The ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 15 partners and over 130 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.