Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland. Due to continued growth and expansion in our audit department, we are now seeking to recruit a number of Audit Seniors.
The post holder will lead the delivery of audit assignments and be responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality assignments to fieldwork completion and final accounts and audit report stage, within the required timescale. The post-holder will also supervise and direct junior auditors during assignments.
We are seeking an ambitious, high-performing candidate and can offer strong prospects for career progression.
Key result areas
- Lead the delivery of a broad cross sector of audit assignments.
- Ensure that all audit assignments are planned adequately and that staff are briefed in advance on the specific risks of the assignment.
- Draft high-quality, financial statements and audit reports that include practical recommendations to address all risk issues and control weaknesses identified during the assignment, with a clear supporting rationale.
- Lead multiple audit assignments concurrently and ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources at all times.
- Liaise closely and build effective working relationships with client staff in all disciplines (tax, company secretarial etc.) to facilitate and support the audit process.
- Ensure the Partner is appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken and any issues.
- Deliver audit assignments to a high standard of quality, ensuring conformance with FRS102 and Irish GAAP, addressing key risks effectively and adhering to allotted timescales, budgets and resource allocation.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision, on-the-job training and mentoring of junior staff allocated to audit assignment and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required.
Essential knowledge & skills:
- A qualification as an Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable understanding of risk, Irish GAAP, FRS102 and CA2014 and awareness of topical issues
- Sound knowledge of the development of audit strategies and Terms of Engagement for individual engagements
- Strong technical competence and detailed practical knowledge of FRS102, Irish and UK GAAP and CA2014
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- People Leadership: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, meeting deadlines and producing results
- Client Leadership: Displays confidentiality, confidence, agility and affinity with client and sector specialisms.
- Thought Leadership: Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in this sector.
- Market Leadership: A proven decision maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense.
- Innovation, Entrepreneurism and Strategy: A strategic thinker, takes ownership of learning, empathy with client needs, seeks way to improve.
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 14 partners and over 130 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.