Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 firms in Ireland. The firm currently has 15 partners (including seven audit partners) and over 125 staff. Due to continued growth and expansion in our internal audit practice, we are now seeking to recruit an Internal Audit Associate Director. This is a newly created post that offers potential to develop to Partner level within the firm.
The post-holder will lead and manage the delivery of internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control assignments (both financial and non-financial) in the public, private (SMEs) and charities sectors. The post-holder will also supervise and direct junior and trainee auditors.
Operating within a very busy, dynamic and growing audit department, this role requires a broad range of leadership, managerial, knowledge and skills all blended into a strong developed commercial acumen.
The post-holder will be part of a collaborative team of highly professional accountants who have a strategic focus on business development and growth. This role has potential for career progression.
- Use expert knowledge and experience to maximise the internal audit fees from current client base.
- Lead and manage business development initiatives to grow the internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control assignment portfolio. This includes preparing and presenting bids, proposals and tenders to potential clients.
- Technically deliver in all aspects of internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control.
- Continue to develop internal audit processes and policies as required.
- Lead, manage, grow, train, delegate and monitor the internal audit team.
- Participate in other strategic department and firm initiatives as and when required.
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure annual audit plans are planned and delivered to the timescales.
- Take full responsibility of the working capital cycle of the internal audit team.
Essential knowledge & skills
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) is essential. A qualification in internal audit would be a distinct advantage.
- 10+ years’ relevant PQE including proven people-leadership skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of multiple internal audit clients and awareness of topical internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control issues.
- Strong evidence of technical competence, IT, analytics, financial and business acumen.
- Well-developed project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at any one time.
- Proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write tenders/bids/proposals and at ease with preparing and delivering presentations.
- Business Development: Leads the business growth in this area. A strategic thinker, commercially aware, profit-driven, takes ownership of learning, empathy with client needs, seeks ways to improve. Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in the Irish (and international) internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control sector.
- Client Leadership: Understands confidentiality, confidence, compliance, agility and affinity with client and internal audit, risk management/assurance and internal control specialists.
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, producing results, meeting deadlines, attention to detail and compliance. A decision-maker, evidence of sound judgement, initiative and common sense.
- People Leadership: Proven ability to lead and manage people, listen, build rapport, influence and build lasting relationships. Must display high energy and a proactive personality.
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 15 partners and over 125 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.