This role is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop their knowledge and to further their career in a growing tax department.
Crowe is a leading business advisory and accountancy firm, ranking among the top 10 Firms in Ireland. Due to continued growth and expansion, we are now seeking to recruit an assistant tax manager to join a busy, dynamic tax department. The firm currently has 14 partners and over 130 staff.
This Assistant Tax Manager role assists the management team with the delivery of tax assignments and the delivery of high-quality assignments across multiple tax heads and some advisory work, within the required timescales. The post holder will act as team lead and direct tax trainees on assignments.
Key result areas
- Assist the Partners/Managers with the delivery of a broad cross sector of assignments and supervise the junior team members as required.
- Oversee assignments and contribute to the planning and staffing requirements as required. Ensure staff are adequately briefed in advance on the specific tasks and goals of each assignment.
- Proactively assist with the drafting of high-quality assignments and advisory work that includes a clear supporting rationale.
- Assist with the management of multiple tax assignments concurrently and ensure the most effective and efficient use of time and resources at all times. Seek guidance from immediate manager as required.
- Proactively liaise and build effective working relationships with firm staff in all disciplines (Audit, Corporate Finance, Company Secretarial etc.) to facilitate and support the Tax Department.
- Ensure the Partner plus other senior managers are appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken and any issues.
- Provide support to Managers/ Senior Managers in the delivery of assignments to a high standard of quality, while adhering to allotted timescales, budgets and resource allocation and presenting the assignment for completion to Partner.
- Be fully conversant and understand the authority levels of this role and those of all relevant stakeholders to ensure full compliance with the Firm’s policies, procedures and regulations.
- Manage the day-to-day supervision, ensure the training needs and on-the-job training are met. Mentor junior staff allocated to assignments and fully participate in all Performance Management initiatives as required.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- A qualification as a Tax Consultant (AITI CTC) and/or Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Demonstrable understanding of multiple tax heads and awareness of topical issues.
- Strong technical competence.
- Proven ability to work on a diverse range of clients across multiple sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed Project Management skills plus the proven ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at any one time.
- People Leadership: Proven ability to listen, build rapport, influence and build relationships & keen to develop career into a more senior management role. Proven experience in supervising trainee accountants.
- Practice Management: Proven ability to focus on performance, meeting deadlines and producing results. A proven decision maker, evidence of sound judgement and common sense
- Client Leadership: Displays confidentiality, confidence, agility and affinity with client and sector specialisms.
- Business Development: A strategic thinker, takes ownership of learning, empathy with client needs, seeks way to improve. Evidence of enthusiasm and keeps abreast of developments in this sector.
Crowe is a leading accountancy and business advisory practice in Ireland. Since 1941 we have been providing tailored financial and business advice to clients across a range of sectors. Known for our commercially driven solutions paired with personal service, we have built a national reputation in the areas of audit, tax and advisory.
We are the representative firm in Ireland of Crowe Global, one of the top ten global networks of independent accounting and advisory services firms, incorporating more than 200 firms with over 800 offices in more than 130 countries around the world. The firm currently has 14 partners and over 130 staff. Crowe is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV to email@example.com or write to us at Crowe, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
Applications received will be stored on our system and may be considered for similar positions that may arise within the next year. By applying for this position, you hereby agree to the personal data contained in your application, and provided by you to Crowe, being retained by us for a period of up to one year from the date of receipt of your application. If you are applying for a position and you do not wish for your details to be stored by us, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure that such information is not stored other than for the purposes of this application.
75 Years of Lasting Relationships – watch our corporate video
To celebrate our 75th anniversary we commissioned a corporate video. The video celebrates our unique approach, our wonderful staff and our lasting relationships with clients.